WELCOME TO THE WELL BALANCE CENTER
Well Balance Center invites you to take a look around and see what we can do for you!
GET THE FACTS ABOUT BHRT
There has been controversy on the topic of Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) for the last 15 years. Negative attitudes drastically dominate the media since 2002. Combine this with the Women’s Health Initiative (WHI) study that was halted three years ago because of health risks, it has caused a confusion for women trying to make an informed decisions on their health.
Lets shed a little light on the confusion. First, the WHI study and the subsequent media reports about HRT are based on Commercial HRT only. They are based off findings about the combination of conjugated estrogens and medroxyprogesterone (called PremPro). Thus, when you hear about HRT in the news, this is what they are referring to.
There are alternatives. Over-the-counter, there are products containing phytoestrogens, and topical products containing low-dose progesterone. These will provide temporary relief in PMS, perimenopausal, and menopausal symptoms. Long-term benefits and improved health can be achieved through Bio-Equivalent Hormone Replacement Therapy, a prescription alternative.
What is Bio-Equivalent Hormone Replacement Therapy?
Bio-Equivalent Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is a prescription alternative to conventional hormone replacement therapy (conjugated estrogens, medroxyprogesterone, etc.).
Bio-Equivalent medications are plant-derived, and chemically changed in a laboratory until they are identical to what your body would naturally produce. HRT is customizable; in other words, it can be adjusted to fit your needs, unlike conventional HRT, which has a few standard dosage strengths.
What are the goals of HRT?
Alleviate symptoms caused by the natural decrease in hormone production in the body
Reestablish the individual’s hormonal balance
Provide protective benefits that were originally provided by the body’s naturally occurring hormones
What are the benefits of HRT?
- HRT offers a number of health-related benefits:
- Helps in the prevention of Osteoporosis and restoration of bone strength
- Protection against heart disease and stroke
- Reduced hot flashes and reduced vaginal dryness
- Muscle mass and strength are better maintained
- Improvement in cholesterol levels
- Risk of depression reduced
- Reduced risk of breast and endometrial cancer
- Improved libido
- Prevention of senility and Alzheimer’s Disease
- Improved sleep
- Mood, concentration, and memory become better
- Far fewer unwanted effects than synthetic hormones